Tips & Tricks on Android

Friday, January 16, 2009

My Dream Phone

I received my brand new, unlocked Android Dev Phone 1 yesterday.
I had registered as a developer and ordered the phone for $399 + taxes + $25 registration fee.

Hardware Features

  • Touch screen
  • Trackball
  • 3.2 Megapixel camera with auto focus
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth v2.0
    • Handsfree profile v1.5
    • Headset profile v1.0
  • 3G WCDMA (1700/2100 MHz)
  • Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
  • GPS-enabled
  • QWERTY slider keyboard
  • Includes 1GB MicroSD card (Can be replaced with up to 16GB card)
  • Included in the box
    • HTC Android Dev Phone 1
    • USB Cable
    • AC Adapter (with US plug)
    • Stereo Hands-Free Headset
    • Battery
    • Getting Starting Guide
    • 1G Micro SD Card (inserted into Device)

So far the experience on this phone has been amazing for me. I'm going to use this blog to record my findings as I learn the exciting new platform.

I've downloaded the android SDK from:
http://code.google.com/android/download.html

This includes many important tools, most notably adb - android debug bridge, which allows me to run all kinds of commands on the device directly from my computer, ie without typing on the device. It also eliminates the need to run telnet or ssh server on the device.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for this interesting post I like it so much. I would like to read few more articles from you. keep posting.
    Hong Kong Company Formation

    ReplyDelete